My Yoga Journey... My first serious exploration of a yoga sadhana was a 40 day challenge and it literally changed the course of my life. The biggest gift yoga gave me at that time, was a deep appreciation of what it meant to be present in my life.
That presence was tested beyond anything I could have envisaged when I lost my beloved Dad to suicide just a month after graduating from my teacher training. Yoga also enabled me to reconnect my body and mind after years of separation and has been pivotal in my healing and growth. Given my personal journey, I have a special interest in the connection between the body and trauma, and the ability of yoga to be a tool in transmuting those energies and I have been also studying MindBody Therapy which I love to intertwine into my classes, workshops and events.
The past few years has seen a shift in my personal yoga practice as I have discovered and started to study and train in traditional Hatha yoga under the tutelage of Octavio Salvado (the Practice Bali) and Yogarupa Rod Stryker founder of ParaYoga and I am excited to continue to explore and embody these teachings on and off my mat.
- 200hr RYS Embodied Flow Inspired Vinyasa Flow - HYA Yoga Miranda – Janine Leagh & Chris Alleaume, Sydney 2016
- 100hr RYS Embodied Flow Body Module, Dr Scott Lyons and Tara Judelle, Bali 2017
- Reiki Level 1 and 2, 2018
- TFH Kinesiology, 2019
- 30hr Rasa Prana Vinyasa Advanced Training, Shiva Rea, Sydney 2019
- 50hr Yin Yoga & Mindfulness, Clare Lovelace, Batemans Bay 2019
- 25hr Yoga and Activism, Jasmine Tarkeshi, Sydney 2019
- 50hr Tantric Hatha – Moon, Sun, Fire, Octavio Salvado, 2020
- 40hr Tantric Hatha - Vinyasa Krama, Rod Stryker ParaYoga Level 1 Master Training 2020
- 40hr Tantric Hatha – Marma, Rod Stryker ParaYoga Master Level 1 Master Training 2020
- 10hr Pre and Postal Natal, Emma Salvado, 2020
- 25hr Your Dharma is Greatness – Bhagavad Gita training, Octavio Salvado, 2020
- 25hr Ignite the Sacred Fire, Kundalini Yoga and Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra, Octavio Salvado 2021
- 40hr Tantric Hatha – Tantra Shakti, Rod Stryker ParaYoga Master Level 1 Master Training, 2021
- 10hr ParaYoga Nidra, Rod Stryker ParaYoga, 2021
- 25hr The Art of Holding Space – Yin Yoga Training, Sarah Owen, 2021
Have I mentioned I love to learn?
200hr Moon Sun Fire, Traditional Tantric Hatha with Octavio Salvado, The Practice Bali (April to September 2021)
Having found my yogic home with Traditional Tantric Hatha, I decided to go back to basics and embody the practices from the ground up by re-doing my original 200hr qualification in this lineage.
300hr ParaYoga Master Training, Rod Stryker
ParaYoga is a living link to the ancient traditions of yoga and tantra whose mission is to serve these teachings by continuing to be a leading resource for the transmission of the wisdom, power, and capacity that positively affect all aspects of modern life. ParaYoga's unique approach is to emphasize authoritative knowledge and accessibility so that students and teachers of all levels and society as a whole are uplifted by yoga and tantra’s time-tested practices, leading to ultimate fulfillment and freedom.
I have completed 3 of the 6 modules for my Level 1 qualification and will continue to the Level 2 and ultimately level 3. This program takes 2-3 years to complete.
300hr MindBody Therapy Continuing Education
This education is through the Embodied Philosophy Organisation in the US and enables me to work with clients to shift stored trauma in their bodies. This is based on somatic movement therapy practices used with psychotherapy (Dr Scott Lyons who I trained with in 2017 is one of the lecturers and other lecturers include pre-eminent people in this field such as Dr Peter Levine and Dr Maureen Gallagher). The principles studied are applicable to mindfulness and body awareness and I like to weave them as appropriate into my Yin practices which is the perfect vehicle for mindful attention to the body. They are equally applicable in my nutrition practice in addressing 'the elephant in the room' of why we choose not to love and nurture ourselves!